Classes have resumed; quarterly singing canceled
We have resumed Bible classes for all ages. Service times are:
- Sunday 9:30am classes, 10:20am worship assembly, 5pm worship assembly
- Wednesday 7pm classes
Our quarterly Saturday evening singing is canceled for November.
Current Assembly Plans (now resuming Bible Classes)
Update to assembly plans below: We have resumed classes for all ages as of 11/1/20! We will meet at our usual times of Sunday at 9:30am for classes and 10:20am for worship assembly, Sunday at 5pm for worship assembly, and Wednesday at 7pm for classes.
Dear Oakland Family,
We hope and pray that everyone is doing well during this trying time. We have implemented the following plan, which is a revision of what was sent out May 2020.
1) Pews remain spaced out so that an appropriate distance between worshippers is observed. Please sit only on the rows that remain open. In addition, extra chairs will be available in the main auditorium to accommodate as many individuals as possible.
2) The high school classroom will continue to be reserved for those individuals 65 and older who feel more comfortable in a less-crowded environment. A livestream of the worship will be projected in the classroom. The high school classroom has an exterior door on the west side of the classroom wing of the building. For those who choose to worship in this room, please enter and exit through the exterior door.
3) The small auditorium has also been arranged with pews and chairs spaced at appropriate distances. A livestream of the worship service will be projected on the screen in the small auditorium. If you choose to worship in the classroom wing, please feel free to exit through the double doors down the children’s classroom hall into the east parking lot.
4) Each of the classrooms adjacent to the small auditorium has been arranged with chairs spaced at appropriate distances as well. Worshippers in these classrooms will be able to hear the audio feed from the worship service. If you or your family would prefer to be placed in a classroom, please text or call Matt Huggins at (256) 777-9997 to reserve a space.
5) We encourage everyone to sit with your family or extended family, if possible, as families are not required to practice social distancing. If you are sitting on the same row as another family, please provide for two empty spaces between you.
6) The bathrooms in the classroom wing will be reserved for individuals 65 or older. For everyone else, please use the bathrooms off the foyer to the main auditorium.
7) If you have any questions when you arrive about the seating arrangement, please ask one of the elders.
8) Please wear a face mask while in the building.
9) Please respect other individuals’ decision not to hug or shake hands and please do not be offended if they choose not to do so.
10) We will continue to distribute the emblems for the Lord’s Supper in a safe manner when you enter the building or in the parking lot. A collection tray will be placed on a table in the foyer as you enter and exit the building or someone will collect it as you leave the parking lot.
11) If you have any symptoms such as cough, fever, body aches, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or if you feel ill in any other way, please use the drive-in or livestream option.
12) Both the livestream and the drive-in transmission will continue to be available.
13) The Sunday morning service will continue to be at 9:30 a.m. with no Bible class at this time. Sunday night service at 5:00 p.m. and Wednesday night service at 7:00 p.m. will be conducted in a similar manner.
14) When the service is over, please exit the building and if you would like to visit with each other, please do so outside.
15) Building will be fogged with antiviral solutions after each service.
16) The HVAC will be turned off before service begins to decrease the risk of any germs being circulated through the system. Thank you for your cooperation.
We love you all and pray that we can continue to be pleasing to God and encourage and edify one another during these challenging times.
The Elders of the Oakland Church of Christ